SOLID EDGE ACADEMIC PROGRAM
To address the technology challenges of the future, Siemens PLM Software partners with participating schools, colleges, universities, teachers and students to help increase the number and quality of engineering and product design graduates.
Solid Edge in Colleges
For students interested in excelling in studying engineering, Siemens Solid Edge University Edition software delivers the industry’s most advanced CAD technology – giving you the freedom to capture ideas quickly and intuitively. By leveraging synchronous technology within Solid Edge, you can focus on learning engineering principles and not on the CAD system. Included is the same core functionality used by leading engineers so you can create all types of projects – from machines to stylized products.
Professors at the college and university level can provide students with the knowledge and skills to help secure engineering or product design careers. Siemens PLM Software offers colleges and universities a comprehensive family of modular, integrated PLM technology to help educators meet the mechanical design software and educational needs of these college students.
With Solid Edge Student Edition you benefit from full part and sheet metal modeling, assembly design and automated drafting. You can also benefit from exploded view creation, animation and advanced rendering as well as assembly applications including tube design and motion simulation. Solid Edge is a 3D design system that uses synchronous technology to accelerate design, make revisions faster, and enable better reuse. With 3D CAD, simulation, and data management, Solid Edge helps companies uniquely design better.
Benefits for students:
Solid Edge Resources for Educators for conducting Training & self-paced training material
- Lectures—Instruction modules in PowerPoint presentation format with slide notes and videos. Each lecture covers some conceptual information, points to where to learn more, and includes a demonstration that leads to an assignment.
- Supporting data files for lectures The lectures are designed to be interactive. Solid Edge files are provided for the student to open and use as the lecture proceeds. Instructions are on the slides.
- Study guide A modular outline of topics covered, with cross-references to the lecture slides where modeling concepts, modeling procedures, and Solid Edge functions are defined.
- The study guide identifies the Solid Edge files used in the module. It also provides links to suggested readings and additional hands-on activities in Solid Edge Help and Training on the web.
- Problem sets for labs Predefined model files for students to use to practice what they learn and to achieve specific objectives.
- Optional materials Supplemental PowerPoint presentations and data files to stimulate creative, artistic thinking and 3D design. The creative supplements build on the basic concepts in the 19 instruction modules, and provide additional practice in non-traditional 3D CAD modeling.