SOLID EDGE DATA MANAGEMENT
Solid Edge Data Management provides scalable CAD data management solutions that meet the needs of all manufacturers, from startups and very small firms to larger manufacturers with distributed operations.
Manufacturing organizations can struggle to work effectively with the fast growing volumes of data that they create when designing and manufacturing their products. Industry research from Tech-Clarity (Best Practice for Managing Design Data) shows that manufacturers who implement effective solutions for data management are:
- 2.7 times as likely to be “very effective” at finding the data they need.
- Over 3 times as likely to be “very effective” at managing their design projects.
- 2.7 times as likely to be “very effective” at sharing data with others.
- Over 2.5 times as likely to be “very effective” at providing the correct data to manufacturing.
Siemens PLM Software provides a scalable set of data management solutions that meet the varying needs of small to large manufacturing organizations who may design simple or very complex products. These Solid Edge CAD data management solutions enable you to rapidly take the key actions identified by Tech-Clarity (Getting Started with Product Data Management) that lead to improved product development performance:
- Secure and control your product data and processes.
- Enable rapid retrieval of the correct information to improve efficiency and facilitate reuse.
- Share product information and collaborate with downstream functions such as manufacturing to improve quality and reduce costly errors.
- Follow industry best practice workflows for engineering change and release to manufacturing.
Solutions range from integrated data management capabilities that are included with Solid Edge, to the comprehensive CAD data management and product lifecycle management (PLM) capabilities of Teamcenter.
View the Additional Resources in the right navigation for more information.
Built-in Solid Edge Data Management Capabilities
Solid Edge has many data management capabilities as an integral part of the core 3D CAD software. These include integration into Windows Explorer, which enables users to view thumbnails of parts and assemblies, and right click operations to open Solid Edge files in utilities like Revision Manager and View and Markup.
Teamcenter Integration for Solid Edge
The Teamcenter Integration for Solid Edge enables you to capture, manage and share your Solid Edge data, adding your 3D models and 2D drawings to a single source of product data for access by your design and manufacturing teams. Teamcenter supplies a full range of product lifecycle management (PLM) capabilities to further optimize your design-through-manufacturing process.